Welcome to CosKASI
News at CosKASI
- New postdoctoral researchers join - Jeeseon Song (Sep), Yi Zheng (Oct), Seyen Kouwn (Oct), Cris Sabiu (Nov)
- Takahiko Matsubara visits from October 6 to October 10
- Donghui Jeong visits from July 16 to August 15
- Takahiro Nishimichi visits from August 7 to August 19
- Signing MoU with DESI in July 2014 - CosKASI becomes an official member of DESI!
- New CosKASI faculty, Prof. Ki Young Choi, joins CosKASI from January 2014 !!!
- Starting new cosmology group at KASI in January 2014
- Cosmology Group Conference in April 2014
CosKASI Conference 2014
- Conference Home Page
- April 16 - 18 in 2014
- Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute, Daejeon, South Korea
- Registration open by Mar 1 2014
Participation in DESI (Dark Energy Spectrocopy Instrument)
The Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI) will measure the effect of dark energy on the expansion of the universe. It will obtain optical spectra for tens of millions of galaxies and quasars, constructing a 3-dimensional map spanning the nearby universe to 10 billion light years.
DESI will be conducted on the Mayall 4-meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory starting in 2018. DESI is supported by the Department of Energy Office of Science to perform this Stage IV dark energy measurement using baryon acoustic oscillations and other techniques that rely on spectroscopic measurements.
Cosmology group at KASI plans to take part in DESI as an associated member institute. We provide an apportunity for young researchers to meet challenges for next decades.