Welcome to CosKASI
News at CosKASI
- CosKASI group workshop at Gallery Bohm on Oct 28 - organised by Ki Young Choi
- CosKASI is selected as "First Mover Research Group", and awarded $6M research fund for 9 years !!!
- Dark Matter Workshop at KASI from June 9th to 11th (organized by Dr. Ki Young Choi)
- 2nd APCTP - TUS Joint Workshop in Tokyo August 3-5 (local organizer: Arman Shafieloo)
- KASI-APCTP workshop from Apr 1 to 3 (organised by Arman Shafieloo)
- Dr. Shafieloo is appointed as UST professor on Oct 2nd.
Group Meetings in 2015
- CosKASI Journal Club - organised by Ki Young Choi (Wednesday 10:30 am, LWCH 208)
Participation in DESI (Dark Energy Spectrocopy Instrument)
The Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI) will measure the effect of dark energy on the expansion of the universe. It will obtain optical spectra for tens of millions of galaxies and quasars, constructing a 3-dimensional map spanning the nearby universe to 10 billion light years.
DESI will be conducted on the Mayall 4-meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory starting in 2018. DESI is supported by the Department of Energy Office of Science to perform this Stage IV dark energy measurement using baryon acoustic oscillations and other techniques that rely on spectroscopic measurements.
Cosmology group at KASI plans to take part in DESI as an associated member institute. We provide an apportunity for young researchers to meet challenges for next decades.