Welcome to CosKASI
News at CosKASI
- Dark Matter Workshop at KASI from June 9th to 11th (organized by Dr. Ki Young Choi)
- KASI-APCTP workshop from Apr 1 to 3 (organised by Arman Shafieloo)
- Job announcement: postdoctoral position working with Dr. Ki Young Choi. Deadline for application is Mar 31.
- New CosKASI faculty, Prof. Arman Shafieloo, joins CosKASI from December 2014 !!!
Group Meetings in 2015
- CosKASI Journal Club - organised by Jeeseon Song (Monday 10:30 am, JYSH 325)
- Small Group Discussion (observation) - organised by Cris Sabiu (Friday 10:45 am, LWCH 208)
- Small Group Discussion (theory) - organised by Seyen Kouwn (Tuesday 14:00 pm, LWCH 208)
Participation in DESI (Dark Energy Spectrocopy Instrument)
The Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI) will measure the effect of dark energy on the expansion of the universe. It will obtain optical spectra for tens of millions of galaxies and quasars, constructing a 3-dimensional map spanning the nearby universe to 10 billion light years.
DESI will be conducted on the Mayall 4-meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory starting in 2018. DESI is supported by the Department of Energy Office of Science to perform this Stage IV dark energy measurement using baryon acoustic oscillations and other techniques that rely on spectroscopic measurements.
Cosmology group at KASI plans to take part in DESI as an associated member institute. We provide an apportunity for young researchers to meet challenges for next decades.